October 14, 2011

The Archie Gang - Archie Andrews!

Archie Andrews

































I have to hand it to them - Archie comics have staying power. When I was younger, I could head over to 7-11 and find pretty much any comic I wanted. The spinner racks offered a boatload of different DC and Marvel books, (many having that trademark "krink" in them from being flipped through on the rack of course) and it was great!

These days are much different though, as I can go to 7-11 and find only a smattering of a few Marvel books, no DC (You know, I can find "Batman" at Wal-Mart, but for any other DC titles it's gotta be the comic shop) and a few Bongo (Simpsons, Futurama) Titles.

One thing that hasn't changed however, is seeing Archie comics there on the shelf. The single floppies and the digest versions are always right where they've always been. I don't know how you do it, but kudos to you, Archie.

7 comments:

  1. The Double Digests were always the best buy, the most pages for the least amount of money... and content spanning a wide swath of time (the "current" art always looked and felt off somehow, I wonder if that's changed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New Tintin is coming out. Maybe a Tintin drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, that's an idea Ben, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dean,

    Would you please do a DC week you hardly ever post now, you really are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about an Arkham City week to celebrate its launch :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Duh, stay outta Riverdale."
    --Moose, on the Simpsons

    ReplyDelete