June 24, 2008

Pedro Offers You His Protection

Napoleon Dynamite, Pedro

You either loved it or hated it. You either "got it" or you didn't. Napoleon Dynamite. The movie that caught lightning in a bottle. I saw those "Vote for Pedro" shirts for sale everywhere for a while, and I heard it quoted constantly for months.

Before long though, I think everybody (including myself) got a bit fatigued from the whole thing. I mean, I haven't thrown out my DVD or anything, I just don't want to hear about "ligers" and "tater tots" every five minutes. You understand.

That's not to say I think the movie will completely fade off into obscurity though. I could easily see people looking back on it in 15 or 20 years as it's generation's "Ferris Bueller" or something. Better keep that merchandise in good condition, kids!

2 comments: